I want to share today the best videos about the IIS I have ever seen. From my point of view, information, that is explained there, should be known by each senior+ .NET Developer.
First 3 videos are from the Microsoft engineer Paul Cociuba
- Architecture and components (part1), that explains the general architecture of the IIS.
- Architecture and Components (part2), that is mainly focused on IIS pipelines and differences between IIS 6 and IIS 7+ versions.
- Architecture and Components (part3), that explains ASP.NET request processing.
Second video is Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 for Developers by Steve Evans. It is more practical. In general it is a bit delayed and contains some obvious parts but, what will definitely be valuable:
- hosts configuration file
- IIS certificate setup, including generation, assignment, making trusted
- Usage of applications inside the Site
- Why link htpp://site/ works, but htpp://www.site/ doesnt
- Failed request tracing feature, that is underestimated and not used at all according to my experience
- and more…